About this Section
18.04.0 - HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THE ATHLETES
As Special Olympics Coaches, Volunteers & Staff we pledge to:
- Ensure that the equipment and facilities are safe to use.
- Ensure that the equipment, rules, training and the environment are appropriate for the age and ability of the athletes.
each athlete’s medical and profile forms and be aware of any
limitations on that athlete’s participation noted on that form. I will
keep all information on the medical and profile forms confidential
unless medical attention is necessary.
- Provide for the general welfare, health, and safety of any athlete(s) in my charge during the course of my assigned duties.
any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking
immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participant. I
will complete an Accident/Incident Report Form for all accidents or
- Encourage athletes to seek medical advice when required.
- Allow further participation in training and competition only when appropriate.
- Maintain the same interest and support towards sick and injured athletes.
- Ensure that prescribed medications are taken at the proper times.