About this Section
The conference competition is the foundation of Special Olympics Ontario competitions. All athletes have access to attend competition at this level. Each sport specific conference must hold a minimum of one competition each season.
- Hosted in each sport specific conference under the guidance of the SSCT
- The one competition that all athletes within the sport specific conference must have the opportunity to attend
- Includes all ability levels including Adapt and all events (where applicable)
- Hosted by a registered coach / volunteer of SOO
- Divisioning / Seeding must occur to ensure all athletes are competing within their correct ability level
- Sport rules must adhere to the SOC Sport Rules (SOO Rule Supplements) unless previously approved by SOO
- Registration fees not to exceed $25 per athlete, or $40 per golfer
- Grants are available to assist with competition deficits in communities who require assistance. Competition host budget must be submitted with the grant request.